Volunteers And Internships
The Children’s Advocacy Center of Hidalgo County offers numerous volunteer opportunities as well as internships for both graduate and undergraduate students. All persons working at the center must be at least 18 years of age complete an application, agree to a background check and a pledge of confidentiality.
Our Volunteer and Internship Programs offer the unique opportunity to make an impact in your community and the lives of the children that come through our doors. The CAC currently has the following volunteer and internship opportunities:
Assists with office duties that may include making copies, assembling information packets, sorting supplies, processing donations, answering phones, scheduling appointments and data entry.
Works with Family Advocate to provide information to families. May also work directly with children assisting with child care, creating arts and crafts and preparing snacks.
Coordinates and organizes donated toys and clothes in the Teddy Bear room and Estrella’s closet.
Assists with various duties during fundraising events.
Must be a Bachelor’s level practicum for Social Work, Rehabilitative Services or Psychology degrees. Duties will include:
- Family and child assessments
- Providing information and referrals to families for social services as needed.
- Case management
- Coordinating additional needed services for each family
- Data entry
Must be a Master’s level practicum for Social Work, Rehabilitative Services or a Licensed Professional Counseling Intern. Duties will include:
- Crisis Counseling to victims and their non offending family members
- Debriefing of victims and family after services have been provided.
- Providing Individual counseling
- Facilitating counseling and support groups
- Case documentation and management
- Attending Multidisciplinary Team meetings
Must be a Junior or Senior pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. Duties may include:
- Maintain financial records
- Fixed Asset and Inventory accounting
- Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable
- Participate in month end close process, reconciliations, journal entries
- Projects and other duties as assigned
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer or intern with us, complete the Volunteer Application and Background Check Form today!
Form F-500-2854 Background Check (Complete ONLY Sections 1 and 2)